1. Wrongnote - Devil Give Misdirection (from their debut album Reach Out, Disconnect)
"The song has been around since we formed Wrongnote and it’s one that we always play live. I like the recording. The riff sounds filthy and menacing while the drums, bass and rhythm guitar bite away at it. Exactly the sort of cheap thrill we were looking for to be the second track on the album." - Callum Smith (Wrongnote)
2. The Son(s) - The Moon & The Stars In The Sky (a brilliant rare track from The Son)
"This is a song from long ago, it's was recorded a bit quick and dirtily onto an old 4 track tape recorder, the only thing I had to hand at the time. I think that tape sound is a large part of any charm it possesses." - The Son(s)
3. I See Horses - Amerika (a track from the Oslo-based bands new EP)
"Amerika is an imperialistic love song. The old weep and the youth dance; perhaps for a hopeless cause" - David Coyle (I See Horses)
4. Call To Mind - Sometimes Up, Sometimes Down (a track recorded live during their EP sessions)
"It's a live track, taken from a session we did as part of demos for our EP in 2010. We're currently writing some new things for what will hopefully be our album debut out later this year." - Jamie Ross (Call To Mind)
5. Josef Llama - Loser On The Run (an unreleased track from Glasgow's 'dark troubadour'.)
"I wrote this song last Summer, probably in anger, with Cameron and Clegg getting into power, I think I was also expressing disgust and fury at the amount of lenient sentences, for knife crime offences, I daresay there were other things going on that were bugging me. I seem to remember a bottle of Jack Daniels, playing a part in the writing session." - Josef Llama
The EP is now up for free download over on my bandcamp page, along with those that have gone before it. Enjoy!
EP #9 which will be out on 16th March. If there's any bands out there who fancy making my life that wee bit easier and want to volunteer a track for one of these EPs, then send me a wee email.