In a Scottish music twist to the cherished, childhood card game (one which was not only 'top' of the card game charts but well and truly 'trumped' all its competitors), Neil and I will each select a band or artist every two weeks and do battle using only their vital stats as cannon fodder. Here's the all important rules of play:
- Each bandcard contains 6 attributes as shown opposite. As an example, I've chosen myself. As you can see, I'd make a shit band!
- Each fortnight, both Neil and I will pick a band or an artist who have been floating our respective boats recently and we'll fill out our bandcards.
- Each round, one of us then picks 3 attributes (dibs alternates each month). Whoever has the highest attribute wins that mini-duel.
- For the TOTAL attribute, the winning condition is always the lowest. See, there will have to be some sort of strategy and a lot more gambling involved in this than you thought!
- One point is awarded for each attribute won, and a half-point is awarded to both players in the result of a draw.
- The winner is the person who has the most points after each attribute has been compared and points have been toted up.
- The winner has irrevocable bragging rights until the next heat.
- No kicking, scratching and/or pulling of hair.
- And lastly, no crying when you get absolutely spanked Neil!
Battle commences the 3rd of July. Bring it on Neil!